Thursday, July 21, 2011

Our First Anniversary...

Was amazing, but first let me apologize for almost missing a week.  So sorry about that, it's just been extra busy, returning from a weekend get-away at the beach, to take a few minutes to share. I shall do so now...

We snuck (not really everyone who would listen to me knew we were going) away to the familiar shores of St. Pete's Beach, Florida. My family spent several weeks of our summer down there when I was growing up, but I haven't been in about a decade; it was nice to see (and eat at) all my favorite places.  It was a brilliantly uneventful and relaxing weekend.  We literally just sat by the pool for 3 days and wandered down Gulf Blvd. to grab some seafood every now and then.  Is there any thing better in life?  Just relaxing with your best friend/ best husband in the world for a few days... I think not!

It also gave me time to reflect on our short, but blissful marriage.  You know they say (one day I'll figure out who "they" is) that the first year of marriage is the hardest... Don't get me wrong we've had our fair share of discussions and disagreements, but if that's as hard as it's going to get, then I think we're in pretty good shape! I'm not trying to brag, but I truly believe (and thank God everyday!) that Steve and I are some of the lucky ones out there, that just happen to find their soul mate or at least that one person on earth you can communicate openly and honestly with.  I'm proud of us for making the effort everyday to tell each other how much we love each other and (yes mom) never go to bed angry with one another... Now we just have to keep it up for the next 50 or 60 years!  Go us!

Here's a picture from the beach... We were too lazy to take actual pictures so the iPhone photo will just have to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment