Monday, December 3, 2012

Feeling Positive… Now, if the test would just reflect that!


We are now well past the "1 year of trying" mark and believe it or not, we're feeling the more positive about the process than ever. For the last three months we've been seeing a team reproductive endocrinologist in Cincinnati and I believe they will be the secret to our success... even if we end up going the IVF route, but for now here is where we stand.

We’re on our third cycle IUI or intrauterine insemination, which consists of Femara, HCG Trigger Shot and IUI.  If you’re unfamiliar, it basically the Femara signally my ovaries to grow big healthy follicles (eggs), then the HCG trigger tells my body to ovulate and finally the IUI is the doctor injecting Steve’s “boys” into uterus.

We’re really feeling like the 3rd time is the charm and sometime around Christmas we’ll find out if we get the best Christmas present ever or if we’ll have to go back to the drawing board.  And at that point I’m pretty sure they’ll advise us to go with IVF. Some people might find IVF scary, weird or disappointing, but I’m so ready to be pregnant and have that baby that I don’t really care how we get there. And if you’ve never been through this process, you have no idea what a stress relief it is to finally be where we are – I finally feel like I’m not going to spend years being disappointed month after month! 

Just wish us some extra luck or say a prayer for us over the next two weeks that the home pregnancy test finally comes back positive!

2 comments:

  1. Loren,
    What an exciting time! I will be praying for you and your hubby that you get some wonderful Christmas news. I can only imagine the stresses you all have been through. It sounds like you are in a great frame of mind though. :)
    You will make a wonderful mommy and I look forward to reading about your journey and hopefully good news in the near future.

    Alpha Love,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren,
      Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. It really means a lot to Steve and I.

      I keep up with you and your little one - Hudson is adorable! And I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas as well!

      Roses,
      Loren

      Delete