Thursday, December 13, 2012

Best Pot Roast EVER!

And as promise the best pot roast recipe I have ever tasted and I do consider myself to be a pot roast connoisseur! I was a little hesitant about this one, but it truly is the best pot roast ever!  It's stora stolen from Marie's Cooking Adventures (I hope she doesn't mind) it's also the easiest recipe I might have.  Here's how it works: 


Ingredients:
  • 2-5 lbs roast  (I used a rump)
  • 1 envelop ranch dressing mix
  • 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
  • 1 envelope brown gravy mix
  • Potatoes and baby carrots (Enough to fill the bottom of your crock pot)
  • 1/2 medium onion (I added this on my own, because everything is better with an onion)
  • 1 to 1 ½ cups water
  • Couple handfuls of egg noodles (added this on my own too, because everything is better with carbs.)


Cooking:
  1. Place quartered potatoes, thick cut onion and carrots along the bottom of the crock-pot.
  2. Put roast on top of veggies.
  3. Sprinkle all three envelops of mix on top.
  4. Add water.
  5. Cook on low for 6-10 hours. (And Miss Marie is right, the longer it cooked the better it tasted!)
  6. Last 20-30 minutes, add the egg noodles.
Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out and credit back to my site! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete